Effective 15th May, 2021
Users in this context may be Clients, ADR Practitioners or Representatives (as each is defined in the User Agreement).
Information given by you
When you access the Service, you may provide us with information related to you. We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us which may include your name and contact information, financial information to make or receive payment for services obtained through the Jupitice platform, or information which will help us. This helps us improve our Services for you.
Personal Information: In the course of using the Service we may require or otherwise collect information that identifies you as a specific individual and can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”).
- Payment Information – If you use the provided Service to make or receive payments, we will also collect from you certain payment information.
- Identity Verification – We may collect Personal Data may also include Government authorized identification cards such Taxpayer Identification Number, PAN Card, Aadhar Card to validate your identity or as may be required by law.
- General Audience Service – The Service provided is for general audience and intended for users 18 and older. We do not deliberately collect Personal Information from anyone who is younger than age 18. We are vigilant towards the fact that any user who is below 18 and accesses our services provide us with Personal Information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from the records. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child younger than age 18 and believe that Jupitice has collected Personal Information from your child, please contact us at: legalnotices@Jupitice.com
- Unidentifiable Information/Usernames –We may collect other data and general case related data such as postal codes, etc. (“Unidentifiable Data”). We may accumulate data collected from registered and non-registered users (“Jupitice Users”).
- Combining Personal Data and Unidentifiable Data – Certain Unidentifiable Data would be deemed as a segment of your Personal Data if it were combined with other identifiers in a way that enables you to be identified (for example, combining data with your name). But the same pieces of data are deemed Unidentifiable Data when they are taken alone or combined only with other unidentifiable data (for example, your viewing preferences). While accessing our discretion we may merge Personal Data with Unidentifiable Data, but Jupitice will treat the merged data as Personal Data.
- Collection of Third Party Data – Jupitice collect the certain personal data from you about your friends and other contacts for the purpose of affixing your contacts to a message room.
Jupitice users are not statutory bound to provide us with any information, rather a contractual obligation arises, and any user unwilling to provide us with the personal information will not be able to access the services. If any user has questions regarding whether providing of data is mandatory and the outcome for retaining such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
Data Provided by Third Parties
Data Collected Automatically
Like other online dispute resolution platforms, Jupitice receive technical data when users use our Services. We use these technical data to scrutinize how people use the Service, to enhance our Site functions, to save your log-in information for future sessions, and to serve you with advertisements that may interest you.
We and our third party service provider, together with analytics and third party content providers might mechanically collect bound data from you whenever you access the services. This data might embrace, among alternative data, the browser and software you are using, the URL or promotion referred you to service, the search terms you entered into a probe engine that guide you to the service, areas inside the service that you simply visited, those links you clicked on, that pages or content you viewed and for a way long, alternative similar data and statistics concerning your interactions like content response times, load errors and length of visit to certain pages and other information commonly shared once browser communicate with websites. Jupitice may compile this automatically collected data with other data that we collect regarding you. We do this to boost services we provide to you and to boost promoting, analytics and website functionality. The information we collect conjointly includes the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address or supplementary distinctive device symbol (“Device Identifier”) for any device that is used to access the services provided by us. A Device Identifier is a string of numbers and letters that identifies every individual device in the world.
- Web Beacons: Jupitice and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also use software technology called as “web beacons” or “tracking tags” to help us keep track of what kind of content on our Service is effective and to present relevant advertising to you. Web beacon is a technique used on web pages and email to unassuming allow checking that a user has accessed some content. Through web beacons we can track the online behavior of web users. Web beacons or similar technologies may also be used for numerous purpose, including, without limitation, to count visitors to our Service, to monitor how Jupitice Users navigate the Service, to count the number of emails that were sent were actually opened, or to count number of particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts: Jupitice and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also use software technology called as an Embedded Script. An Embedded Script is programming code that is designed to gather data about your interactions with the Service, for example the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your device and is deactivated or deleted when you disconnect from the Service.
In addition, Jupitice and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may use a variety of other technologies that gather same data for safety purposes and for detection for fraud and Jupitice may use third parties to perform these services on our behalf.
Our response towards do not track signals
Please note that your browser setting may permit you to automatically broadcast “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. There is no agreement among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this regards. Like many other websites and online services, Jupitice does not amend its practices when it receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser.
Profiles of users
ADR Practitioners may create a profile, with certain or all information publicly available. Clients and Representatives may also create organization profiles.
Users may have the opportunity to create a profile, which contains information about them, and that may incorporate Personal Information, including your username (“Profile”). The information in User’s Profile may be visible to all Jupitice Users and the general public subject to the privacy preferences user make within their Jupitice Profile. User may emend certain data in your Profile via your account and may choose to curtail who is able to view certain content you post to your Profile. Clients and Representatives of associated individual users or companies may also have the opportunity to create an organization Profile. If, in any case, user believe that an unauthorized profile has been created of user, user can request for it to be removed by contacting us at Contact Us
Jupitice may offer public platforms or blogs. If you participate, your comments and questions will be displayed publicly.
The Service may provide user the opportunity to participate and post content publicly in forums, on blogs, through intercommunication features on Jupitice and through other communication functionality (“Community Forums”). User may opt, through such features or otherwise, to submit or post questions, comments, or other content (collectively, “User Forum Content”). Please note that certain information, for example user name and Profile may be displayed publicly on the Service accompanying your User Forum Content. Please note that your use of Community Forums is subject to our Terms of Service.
To request elimination of your personal data from our blog or community forum, contact us at Contact Us or legalnotices@Jupitice.com. In some cases, we may be unable to eliminate your Personal Data, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We exhibit personal testimonials of satisfied customers on Service provided by us, including other endorsements. With your concurrence we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you are willing to amend or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at Contact Us or legalnotices@Jupitice.com.
Email to Friends and Referral Program
Jupitice lets you send case listings to friends via email. Jupitice also offers the ability to send friends emails about providing or purchasing services through the Service. If you opt to use either feature, your friend’s email address that will be used to send the requested posting and your email address will be used to copy you on the message to your friend or to send the message on your behalf. Jupitice stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
Social Networking Services
You may register for an account directly with our Site, or through a social networking site. If you register through a social networking site, we will gather certain data about you from that social networking site, and what we gather depends on your privacy settings with that social networking site. The Service may also allow you to “like” or share content with social networking sites.
You may register to access the Service directly via the Service or by logging into your account with a third party social networking site (“SNS”) via our Service. If you opt to register via an SNS, or on a later stage link your account with the Service to your account with an SNS, we will use the Personal Data you have provided on that social networking site to create your account. Note that the data we gather from and through an SNS may depend on the privacy settings you have set with the SNS and the authorization you grant to Jupitice in connection with linking user’s account with the Service to user account with an SNS. Eliminating what we may share with the SNS as described below, the Personal Data an SNS has about user is obtained by the SNS independent of our Service, and Jupitice is not responsible for it.
The Jupitice Service also may permit supplementary interactions between it and a third party website, or other content provider. If you “like” or share content, or to otherwise share data from or via our Service with a third party site or service, that data may be displayed publicly, and the third party may have access to data regarding you and your use of our Service (and Jupitice may have access to data regarding you from that third party). These features may collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Your interactions with third parties through an SNS or similar features are governed by the respective privacy policies of those third parties.
You present that you are entitled to use your SNS account for the purposes described herein without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that governs the SNS, and without obligating Jupitice to pay any fees or making Jupitice subject to any usage limitations imposed by such SNS. You can disable the link between your Jupitice account and your SNS account at any time through the “Settings” section of our Service. Please note that your relationship with any Social Networking Site is governed solely by your agreement(s) with such SNS. If your SNS account terminates, then functions enabled through the link between your Jupitice account and your SNS account will terminate as well.
We use information gathered through the Service to provide and enhance the Service, process your requests, prevent fraud, provide you with data and advertising that may interest you, with respect to the law, and as otherwise permitted with your acquiescence.
How we use the data we Collect:
- To deliver and enhance the Service, complete your transactions, address your questions, process your registration, verification of data provided by you is valid, and for compliance and internal business purposes.
- To associate you with administrative communications and Jupitice newsletters, marketing or promotional materials (on behalf of Jupitice or third parties) and other data that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you are no longer willing to receive such communications from us, please follow the instructions in the Your Choices and Rights section, below.
- To customize content, we display to you and offers we may present to you, both on the Service and elsewhere online.
- To manage and prosper our business relationship with you and, if applicable, the corporation or other legal entity you represent.
- To evaluate your offer to perform as ADR Practitioners for Jupitice and prepare related governmental and internal statistics reports.
- To implement and comply with the law, including to conduct an enquiry, to harbour the property and rights of Jupitice or a third party, to harbour the safety of the public at large or any particular individual, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to impose a risk of being, unlawful, dishonest, fraudulent, immoral or legally actionable activity. Jupitice may also use Device Identifiers to identify Jupitice Users.
We use your Personal Data for the purposes described above:
- To Honor Our Contractual Obligation to You. Much of our processing of Personal Data is to meet our contractual undertakings to our investors, or to take steps at Users' request in anticipation of entering into a contract with them.
- For Our Lawful Interests. In many cases, we handle Personal Data on the grounds that it furthers our lawful interests in commercial activities, such as the following, in ways that are not overruled by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms related rights of the affected individuals:
- Providing our Website and Service.
- Inspecting and improvising our business.
- Communications, as well as marketing and answering to your queries about our services.
- Addressing information security needs and protecting our Users, Jupitice, and others.
- Managing legal issues.
- To Comply with Legal Obligations. We require to use and reveal Personal Data in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
Unless you request that we delete certain information (see Your Choices and Rights below), we preserve the data you submit to verify your identity for 30 days and we preserve other data we collect for at least 5 years. Your data may persevere in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time. If you choose to provide us with Personal Data, we encourage you to constantly update the data to ensure that we have accurate and up-to-date data about you.
We may share data regarding you to provide the Services, for lawful and analytic purposes, in reference with sweepstakes and promotions, or if we are part of an amalgamation or acquisition. We may also share unidentifiable data with third parties. You have choices as to whether we share your personal data with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
- Data about ADR Practitioners shared with Clients, Representatives: We share data regarding ADR Practitioners who have entered into a contract with a Client and Representatives. Please that in case where an ADR professional is suspended from the Jupitice Services, the data regarding that ADR professional may be provided to the Client for whom he was working or was willing to work. We may also share data with Representatives to whom ADR Practitioners are associated for a particular case. If you opt to view a job post or submit a proposal for working as an ADR Professional via the Service, we may share relevant data with the Client(s) who has chosen you to fight his case, including, but not limited to, the data contained in your ADR Professional’s Profile.
- Data regarding Clients and Representatives shared with ADR Practitioners: If you have executed a service contract or agreed to access Jupitice with another user, we may provide him/her with personal data, in order to complete the transaction or to ease the resolution of a claim or dispute. The user receiving your data is not allowed to use it for purposes not related to the transaction, unless you have consented to it expressly.
- Providers of Service: Jupitice may engage third party companies and individuals to easier Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to discharge Service-related services or to guide us in investigating how our Service is used. These third parties may have access to your Personal Data in respect to perform these tasks on our behalf.
- Lawful and Investigative Purposes: Jupitice will share data with government representatives as required by law in a reply to legal requests by public authorities, comprising to meet national security or law implementing requirements and, including without restrictions, in connection with reporting earnings. We cooperate with government and law implementing officials and private parties to implement and comply with the law. We will reveal data about you to government officials or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, deems it to be fit or appropriate to reply to claims and legal process or, at the request of government official or other third parties conducting an inquiry where we decide in our sole discretion the revelation is necessary to (a) protect the assets and rights of Jupitice or a third party, (b) protect the safety of the public at large or any person, or (c) restrain or stop activity we may consider to be, or constitute a risk of being, unlawful, dishonest, fraudulent, immoral or legally actionable activity.
- Internal and Business Transfers: Jupitice may share data, including Personal data, with its guardian company Jupitice Justice Technology Pvt. Ltd., and any present or future subsidiaries or affiliates, predominantly for business and operational purposes. We may sell, convey, or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including your Personal Data, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
- Contests and Promotions: We may provide sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (any, a “Promotion”) that may need registration. By being a participant in a Promotion, you are consenting to the official rules that governs that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where forbidden by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the Promotion to use your personal details, or other indicia of persona in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, your Personal Data may be revealed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, without restriction, in connection with winner selection, prize distribution, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winner’s list.
Jupitice may work with advertising Representatives who use technology to help us acknowledge how people use our Website. These Representatives may use technologies to serve you advertisements that may interest you. You can adopt to stop of receiving interest-based advertising.
Jupitice works with network advertisers, ad Representatives, analytics service providers to enlighten us with data regarding traffic on the Service, including pages viewed and the actions taken when visiting the Service; to present our advertisements on other websites, within mobile applications and elsewhere online; and to serve us with data regarding the utilization of the Service and the effectiveness of our advertisements. Our service providers may gather certain data regarding your visits to and activity on the Service as well as other websites or services, they may set and access their own tracking technologies on your device under their discretion, and may use that data to display your targeted advertisements. Some of these parties may gather Personal Data when you visit the Service or other online websites and services. We may also share Unidentifiable Data with these parties, including Hashed Information, in connection with the services they provide to us.
Jupitice works with network promoters, advertisement Representatives, analytics service providers to give us data with respect to traffic on the Service, including pages viewed and the activities done while visiting the Service; to serve our ads on different sites, inside versatile applications and elsewhere on the web; and to furnish us with data with respect to the utilization of the Service and the viability of our notices. Our service providers may gather certain data about your visits to and actions on the Service including the use of other sites or administrations, they may set and access their own tracking technologies on your device and may utilize that data to show you targeted advertisements. Some of the parties may gather Personal Data when you visit the Service or other online sites and administrations. We may also share certain Unidentifiable Data with these parties, including Hashed Data, regarding the administrations they give to us.
You have certain choices regarding how we may interact with you.
Users registered on Jupitice may amend their choices about the types of messages you receive from us through your online account. You also may choose of receiving marketing emails from us by following the instructions provided in those emails. Please note that we retain the right to send you certain messages in relation to your account or use of the Service (for example, administrative and service announcements) via email addresses and other modes and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you opt from receiving marketing communications. You may choose to opt-out of receiving text messages by replying “STOP” to any message received. Registered Jupitice Users who access the Service by using an Jupitice mobile application may, with prior permission, receive push notifications. Likewise, registered Jupitice Users who use the Service by using certain desktop browsers may, with prior permission, receive push notifications. Notification preferences can be changed in the settings menu for the mobile application or the applicable browser.
Users may request access to or amending any Personal Information we have about them or deactivate their account and/or request deletion of all Personal Data we have about them We will respect User requests to the extent we can reasonably do so and as required by law, but some information will remain on the Services, such as information you posted publicly.
Upon request Jupitice will provide you with data about whether we preserve any of your personal information. You are responsible for maintaining the reliability of the data you submit to us. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal data by making updates to that data or by contacting Jupitice through your online account. If you request to access all personal data you’ve submitted, we will reply to your request to access within __ days or as otherwise stated by law. If your data is deleted, then your account may be deactivated. If your account is deactivated or you ask to deactivate your account, you will no longer be able to access the Service. If you would like to deactivate your account in our system, you can do so through the Jupitice Service.
We take a numerous step towards protecting your data, but no security is guaranteed.
Jupitice takes commercially sensible steps to help protect and secure the data it collects and stores about Jupitice Users. All access to the Site is encrypted using secure socket layer technology. When you enter delicate information, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (“SSL”). We also use HTTP strict transport security to add an additional layer of protection for our Jupitice Users. But remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Thus, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, Jupitice cannot ensure and does not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Because we are an Indian company, we process and store your information in the India and our service providers may process and store it elsewhere.
When we transfer Personal Data from territories or with similar laws to our affiliates or service providers in India and elsewhere outside India, we trust on approved data transfer mechanisms, with standard contractual clauses and the Privacy Shield, as described below. You may request a copy of the standard contractual clauses relevant to your Personal Data, if any, using the contact information below.
Jupitice and its affiliates Jupitice Justice Technology Pvt. Ltd follows the guidelines of European GDPR, Data Protection in Canada, California online Privacy protection and Swiss Data Privacy Law with respect to the Personal Data that they receive in reliance on this Privacy Shield.
Our Service contains hyperlink to other websites. If you decide to click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that Jupitice link to a website is neither an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or data security policies or practices. We do not exercise our jurisdiction over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, gather data or solicit Personal Data from you. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit thoroughly.
The profile you create on our Site will be publicly accessible except otherwise indicated. You may transpose the privacy settings of your profile through your account portal.
Phishing is the fraudulent attempt to obtain sensitive information or data, such as usernames, passwords and credit card details or other sensitive details, by impersonating oneself as a trustworthy entity in a digital communication. Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to Jupitice. In addition, if you believe you have received an email or had a similar interaction with a third party professing to be Jupitice, please report it at contact.
We or our service providers may gather the below classification for the following business or commercial purposes (as those terms are defined in applicable law):
- Providing the Service
- Jupitice or our service providers' operational purposes;
- Detecting and prevent the data from being used fraudulently
- Bug spotting, error reporting, and activities to maintain the quality or safety of our Service;
- Inquiring compliance with, implementing, and/or complying with the law;
- Improvising our present Service and evolving new;
- Other uses that promotes our commercial or economic interests and communicating with you about relevant offers from us or third party partners;
We may also use the below categories of personal data for compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and we may compile the data we gather or eliminate pieces of data to restrict or prevent identification of any particular user or device.